Natural Health Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 2-02/02/2012

Today was so much better! I woke up with a major headache, which I first attributed to hunger. My body also felt very achy and stiff, which I again wrote off as I am recovering from a nasty cold. I made my morning smoothie. I used the same ingredients as yesterday, but remembered the juice this time and it was a tasty, refreshing, uplifting morning drink.

I then sat down and spent a few hours searching for different juice recipes and information. Aside from finding some great looking recipes I discovered that my headache and body aches are likely symptoms of my detox..and as they continued throughout the day, I'm do think it is a positive sign that my body is responding to the juice. I also stumbled upon a site that had the recipe from Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead and I couldn't believe I didn't think to make that first! It is delicious! A 16 ounce glass of the "Mean Green" kept me satisfied for just over two hours....seemed pretty good to me for my second day. This juice tasted like everything but the kale...I could taste apple, lemon, celery, cucumber, and ginger. It was so good I believe I am going to make it as my before bed juice.

3 kale leaves (lacinato or dinosaur kale is the preferred juicing kale, but they are all good)
1 green apple
1/2 inch ginger
1/4 of a lemon
2 celery stalks
1/2 cucumber

I felt pretty good all day. I am finding myself running a little low on energy, but again this is normal and should improve in another few days. I have only been drinking one glass of water between juices..I need to step it up to two. I am surprised and happy to find that as of yet I am not having any trouble tolerating the hunger side of things..I make a juice, drink some water and tea, and make another juice three hours later when I start to feel hungry and repeat.

We are in need of a new scale, but just for my own curiosity I am going to weigh myself daily and record how many pounds a day I loose. I have heard reports of between 30 and 90 pounds in one month...20 pounds in 10 days. But until I get a scale next week I will only be able to give this data when I happen to be around a scale.

It's time to make some more juice..here is what I am making:
4 carrots
1 stalk celery
1 apple
1 handful baby spinach
1/2 lemon

No comments:

Post a Comment