Natural Health Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 5-02/05/2012

Fortunately today when I woke up I felt almost as equally amazing as last night.  I am much less sore...my shoulders are still achy, but not as bad as it has been. My head doesn't feel cloudy anymore...everything is becoming clearer, mind and body. My headache is gone. My detox symptoms are finally on the way out. I think that if I would have drank more water over the first two days that my detox would have over already. I have been pushing a lot of water today day...almost 3/4 of a gallon. I'd like it to be a gallon.

I need to back up to last night. My V8 style juice was another tasteful success. It didn't seem to have much flavor at first, but the aftertaste is definitely V8 juice like. As long as I have enough ingredients I am going to try it later today with the addition of a red pepper. The closest grocery stores to me are between 6-10 miles away and those towns have populations well under 1,000, meaning the quality of produce (absolutely no organic produce what so ever) is rather horrible. Even in the summer with the few small local farm stands that there are, you still have to drive 50 miles to Stevens Point(WI) or a little further to Madison to be able to purchase organic produce from a farm stand or market. If I would have started my cleanse in the summer I would of had a much larger selection of local organic produce. This, however, did not even occur to me to be a consideration...my main thought was I want to change, and I want to change now...and of course it will be nice to be healthy and active for the summer. I am able to get the vast majority of my produce from the Stevens Point Area Co-Op and can fill in with the organic produce section at Trigs.

Here's the "V8" juice                                                                                      
If you make this your color may vary. I use local multi colored (purple, yellow, and orange) carrots. 

For breakfast I had my same old smoothie. I promise tomorrow I will try a new breakfast juice/smoothie. At lunch I had the "V8" juice again  with the addition of a red bell pepper. I couldn't taste much of a difference, it just gave me more juice and different nutrients. At 6:00 I made the Mean Green, minus cucumber since I have run out and can't make it to the store until tomorrow. Again not much of a taste difference, I think the apple and the kale really stand out in this combination, so all the juice lacked without cucumber was the refreshing smell (thats just me though). 

Mean Green-cucumber=
Not sure what I will make yet tonight. I felt great all day and had tons of energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment